The Chiefs of Ontario (COO) wishes to thank everyone who attended the Charting Our Own Path Forward (COOPF) Education Forum.
Presentations Monday April 30
- Year 1- Overview and Moving Forward within the First Nations Lifelong Learning Table
- Education Services Agreements (ESAs) and Reverse Education Services Agreements (RESAs) Information
- Reciprocal Education Approach Qs and As
Presentations Tuesday May 1
Presentations Wednesday May 2
Presentations Thursday May 3
Dates: Monday April 30 (Half-Day, starting at 12 PM), Tuesday May 1, Wednesday May 2, and Thursday May 3, 2018 (Half-day finishing by 12 PM)
Location: Valhalla Inn, 1 Valhalla Road, Thunder Bay, Ontario
Purpose: The Charting Our Own Path Forward Education Forum – Spring 2018 is the culmination of grassroots engagement that took place during 2017-18. The Forum will provide an opportunity for First Nations educators, community members, and the like, to gather together and discuss the outcomes of the engagement and solidify next steps and inform recommendations to First Nation Leadership.
Travel and Accommodation Reimbursement: COO will support 2 First Nation community and First Nation education-related organization representatives attending the COOPF Forum by providing reimbursement for travel and accommodations on a percentage basis depending on funding available. It is anticipated that participants will be reimbursed at a rate of approximately 50%. Prepopulated travel claims will be provided to each registrant during the Forum and participants will be required to complete the forms and provide the required documentation to COO by June 2, 2018. Travel claims received after June 2, 2018, will not be accepted.
- Submit your travel claim with original physical receipts (taxi, hotel parking, train, and flight invoice.
- If you traveled by plane or train original boarding passes must be included in your travel claim submission.
- Breakfast and lunch are not claimable because they are provided to participants on the meeting dates.
For further information, please contact:
Junior Policy Analyst and Education Coordinator